Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Kiasu Mom

I have to admit it! I am a kiasu mom...hohohoho :D

I was introduce to Shichida Method by my Sis-in-law...thanks to her I become more knowledgable on early child education and development. What to lose right? You will talk and play with your baby anyway...so why not incooperate their method in it ?

Lil Jo is only 6 month plus old now....i have been showing her flash cards since she was 2 months old... have to admit it that i had used the same flash cards for a while before i really get into serious mode of getting and doing new flash cards for her! So a bit regret of not doing it earlier ...* sob sob * (more kiasu now..hehe)..

Well...since I do not see her everyday...I can only do the method to her average 3 days per week... suppose according to Glenn Doman is everyday... oh ya...not to miss out Glenn Doman as well... :). So, I did not follow straightly to the SM and GD. Only replacing her cards once a week... :(... but I really love these words from Dr Glenn Doman in his How to Multiply Your Baby's Intelligence article/book :
" Most sets of instructions begin by saying that unless they are followed precisely, they won't work.
In contrast, it is almost safe to say that no matter how poorly you expose your baby to reading, encyclopedic knowledge or mathematics he is almost sure to learn more then he would if you hadn't done it; so this is one game which you will win to some degree no matter how badly you play it, you have to do it incredibly badly to produce no result. "
-Dr Glenn Doman
So I guess I am the category who do it bad...but not bad enough to produce no results...:) Hopefully better...
Lil' one have not show me 'real' feedback yet...but recently when i ask her eg : Bee...show mommy which is carrot (when i show her a card of carrot and vege)....i can see her eyes look at carrot.... or maybe I am just too sensitive... *hmpph*...
Well...not hoping she will become genious or superbly clever, just hope she will be more active, interested and more eager to learn and built up more knowledge as she grows up !..
As for now...thanks a lot to my Sis in law, some friends and some good sites for sharing the knowledge across! I am still learning and more more more to learn !
Good sites :
(hosted by Singaporean and mainly Singaporean members, this is a very very very good site for knowledge sharing for both SM and GD. It really deletes the mindset of mine for Singaporean being selfish and kiasu! There is just so much resources and knowledge shared ! Thanks to everyone ! )
MSN Forum Name : babysmooches
(hosted and mainly Malaysians. Good place to share info and knowledge as well !)
Perhaps there is more ? Please share your knowledge....Thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home