Thursday, February 22, 2007

Babies...

I recently have an argument with my brother as he refused to let both the doggies to be out of the house. Yup, all these while lil' one have been staying at my mom house (weekdays) with 2 dogs in the house and a cat.. well, the cat is in the cage though, but will come out for a short walk at night when my b ro comes back from work.

Both me and my mom have been having recurring rounds of coughs and my mom's personal doctor suggested to put the 2 dogs outdoor. My bro as usual was so frustrated and furious about this like taking his own life away. From my opinion, what is the harm of putting the dogs outdoor more often? besides they shed a lot and the fur is all over the house. Of course those fur will anyhow affect our respitory system. More ever, almost all of my friends who have babies ban their child from being near a pet. Both me and hubby are a bit concerns about the dogs' fur to our lil' one too...but still, lil' one is in a good care from my parents, thus, we ignore the concern. But of course, precautions have been taken all these while, like not letting little one sit on the floor, not letting the dogs too near lil one, faster wash lil one hands if she touch them.. touch wood, so far so good

But, to my surprise.. I tried to search in the Internet for the effect of pets to babies. And really surprised me is that i found NO (yes.. NONE!) articles or parenting websites stating bad effect of pets to babies. There is a note though about Cat's poo is very toxin, thus please wash your hand clean with soap after you handle cat's poo.
And, to my surprise again, having 2 pets or more are found to decrease a child's allergy risk!!


Fuh! To my frends out there...I dunno whether it will change your perseption about having pets around..but for me, it is definately a great relief and happy news! Besides, little jo have no problem with pets and are easily excited and happy when meet other doggies

2 Comments:

Blogger ~ mrs lam ~ said...

i'm not a pet lover.... but i once had "light asthma"... been coughing & lots of phlegm for a long period of that time then.... and my doc ask me to stay away from "fur fur" things like soft toys & dogs/cats.... dunno how true but i did and i got much much better....

2/22/2007 9:53 PM  
Blogger ckchiam said...

i am also not a fan of pets... so, i would definitely not to keep any pets in my home esp if there are kids around. :D

2/23/2007 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home