Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Lust vs Need

Anyone wanna buy a well maintained Nissan Sunny 130Y year 1982?

One part I felt heavy hearted to sell off the so well maintained car. Is there a need to? It can still bring us anywhere and stuck in jam for hours in a day with no problem (except the air cond won't work well in hot weather..pity my dear who drive it daily to work... muack muack). That so well car now worth i guess...less than 3k? or much lesser. Is it really worth to abondon a transport that can actually fulfill what we need daily?

But we can hardly see ppl especially younger working class ppl driving an old car! Everyone is driving better off cars. Our friends are driving better cars. College students are driving better cars... our juniors are driving better cars.. so, do we need a better car? My hubby have a conversation with an old friend recently, and he mentioned who want to look into local cars?! Foreign car baru got class...Well, our poor old Nissan Sunny is not even in that range of local cars in terms of class...

I have to admit, at times while driving the car, I feel a bit shameful in an old car.. But even Warren Buffett is maintaining low profile despite being a billionaire!

It is a lust or a need? I wonder... but my darling hubby took the car and drive it daily to his work. He told me as a man, he need to take care of me and can't bare me driving the old car daily. Sob Sob.. I am so touch... and Needs come in (plus Lust too).. perhaps I should get a better car soon. I on the other hand can't bare to see my hubby stuck in jam in the hot weather as he travels more frequent and further compare to me..

So ..anyone interest to buy an old well maintained Nissan Sunny 130Y? .......

2 Comments:

Blogger ~ mrs lam ~ said...

it's not a matter of lust or need... the important point is the driver of the car is comfortable with the car's condition(air-cond/ outlook etc...)... if you feel comfy, no need to change... but if ur hubby got to suffer without the air-cond in malaysia's humid weather, why not get a new car(local car oso will do) according to your budget...? to me, i don't care it's local or foreign cars... what i need is a car that i can afford to maintain & it functions good enuf for me to drive around especially to work.....

5/10/2007 5:44 PM  
Blogger Belanghippo said...

dot dot...

5/15/2007 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home